Sunday, February 14, 2010

100 bucket list questions


1. Started my own blog: Only four or five.
2. Slept under the stars: last Summer, My family went up to Mammoth for a couple days.
3. Played in a band: If you could call four kids who couldn’t play instruments and were heavily influenced by the
Butthole Surfers a band. By the way we were called the Anorexic Fatmen.
4. Visited Hawaii: No, but my wife really wants to go, so I’m sure at some point in my life I will be forced to see the place.
5. Watched a meteor shower? Yes, 10 years ago. Silver, C-weed, Donavan, myself and some others I can’t remember went and stayed on some persons balcony who lived near the peak of a mountain. It would have been cool if Meteors were visible. I think we saw two the whole night. Ohhh, it was freazing as well.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity? Probably not.
7. Been to Disneyland/world: Only Disneyland, Why would I pay so much money to go to a pseudo-Disneyland, just because it’s bigger. Bigger is not always better.
8. Climbed a mountain: I hiked one in Montana with my dad and sister. I drank all the water a quarter of the way up. I was not the favorite child that day.
9. Held a praying mantis: Sure, but my daughter is the more adventrous one these days.
10. Sung a solo: All the time, it’s just I’m usually so off tune no one knows what song I’m singing.
11. Bungee jumped: Once.
12. Visited Paris: The Hotel? No. Never been to France.
13. Watched lightning at sea: Ummmm…how about lightinging from a lake or a river? I’ve seen that once or twice.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch: No, but I one day I would like to learn how to draw caricatures . 
15. Adopted a child: Yes, she is beautiful and precious, She’s my world.
16. Had food poisoning: I’m sure it’s happened.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty: No, I’ve had a fear of NY and other big cities when I was in my adult twenties.
18. Grown my own vegetables: Herbs. We have a rosemary plant.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France: Well, I just said I’ve never been to France. Pay attention to the conversation,
       bub!
20. Slept on an overnight train: In Russia, going from Moscow to Saratov.
21. Had a pillow fight: Yes, with Jeremy Camp (how’s that for throwing out some Christian Rock star names) and other friends. It was friendly, but violent. It was like a cage match with pillows.
22. Hitchhiked: Once not meaning to do so. Our car broke down a couple miles outside of Barstow, right around dusk. A very lovely couple saw my wife and me walking on the freeway, so they gave us a ride to the McDonalds train station.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill: Yes, if my families sick.
24. Built a snow fort: Never.
25. Held a lamb: Oh, I get it, I grew up in Cow country so I’m suppose to be some FFA freak. No, I’ve never held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping? I don’t think so.
27. Run a Marathon: I’ve wanted to for the past couple of years, but I don’t think I’ll ever get around to it. Maybe a 5K one day.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice: If you mean a Gondola in Venice, located at the Venetian in Las Vegas then Yes.
29. Seen a total eclipse: I’m sure I have, but I don’t recall it all that well.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset: Both at the Beach and mountains
31. Hit a home run: No, I never really had home run hitting power, I hit more doubles and triples.
32. Been on a cruise: No, Kellee keeps on hinting, but I’m not really interested.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person: Not yet.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors: Minnesota but not Sweden.
35. Seen an Amish community: No, I’ve only heard good things.
36. Taught myself a new language: I’ve tried but given up quickly. I barely know how to use the one I have.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied: Not sure one can accomplish that feat.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person: Nope
39. Gone rock climbing: never
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David: in Pictures
41. Sung karaoke: No, our friends had a Karaoke party but I just sat there like a bump on a log. Singing in public does not suit me. Maybe, next time with a few more beers in me, I’ll give it a go.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt: That’s what she said (I’ve offically seen to many Office episodes)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant: Yes.
44. Visited Africa: No
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight: Sure, though I don’t remember it being as romantic as your question is making it sound.
46. Been transported in an ambulance: No, but I’ve been in the back with people being transported.
47. Had my portrait painted: When I was young. My parent’s had one painted at Knott’s Berryfarm for a present to my grandparents. I looked feminne with vampire eyebrows. I remember my grandparents hating it.
48. Gone deep sea fishing: Yeah, but like most my fishing escapades,  I never caught anything.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person: No. Honestly, I think I would be more interested in seeing the Precious Moments Chapel version. I know I’m not right in the head.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris: If you mean the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel in Vegas, then it’s still a no, but I walked by that one!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling: I have a fear of scuba diving! I get clausterphobic just thinking about the subject.
52. Kissed in the rain: Kissing someone in the rain? That’s not romantic, that’s ridiculous.
53. Played in the mud: Once @ Glen Ivy, but that was for skin care needs.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater: Yes! We love the Drive-in theater. Does anyone want to go with us?
55. Been in a movie: Yes, Actually. I gave an outstanding performance as a Villian in the Muddah Budah, but the movie had poor distibution. Hey Matt, where are my movies?!!!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China: No.
57. Started a business: When I was in 8th grade I would sell now-n-laters for fifty cents a pop. I made a killing. My Pops would take me to Smart and Final to buy boxes of the things to peddle off to all the sweet-tooth junkies. Then one day, Big Government stepped in and crushed my capitalistic spirit. In other words the Principal found out and made me clean out my locker, thus taking another job out of California.
58. Taken a martial arts class: No, but I watch a lot of UFC, so you know, I'm good.
59. Visited Russia: Finally, a place I can say I have actually visited. Thank you.
60. Served at a soup kitchen: No, but I’ve served my kids soup and that’s probably about as close as I’ll get to a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies: I don’t rememeber exactly, but my sister was invovled in Girl scouts so no doubt at one time I was probably standing outside of Alpha-Beta in Chino hocking cookies. My parents pimped me out on a number of occassions to sell cookies or candy bars for some baseball or soccer team. Thinking back, a great deal of my childhood was spent in front of that store smiling and batting my eyes at strangers.
62. Gone whale watching: All you see is a big hump come out of the water. Why would I spend money to see a big hump. Now, elephant Seals, We’ll that’s another story altogether.
63. Got flowers for no reason: Not in the sense your asking the question. But the other day, I was driving home from work and was getting a headache from a sweet scent permeating my truck. When I got home I was enraged. I told Kellee  never, NEVER to spray whatever perfume she was wearing in my car. She told me she didn’t, the girls had picked some roses at my Grandmothers and when they were in the car they pulled off all the petals, leaving a sweat intoxicating stink that lasted for weeks. Thanks Girls.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma: No. If I had a rare blood type I would. Or maybe that’s just my justification for not doing so.
65. Gone sky diving: Damn it all to hell. No! A couple years back, all my co-workers were going to go, but then one by one we all chickened out…except the guy that had originally put it together. His reward for his courage…to be on the same flight as Chuck Noriss. HE GOT TO JUMP OUT OF THE PLANE WITH CHUCK NORISS! Bad Ass.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp: Unless I’m with Ghost Hunters, I’m going to say this would not be on my top 100 list.
67. Bounced a check: I’m sure I have, but I don’t want to date myself so I’ll say, “A check? what’s a check? You mean you hand someone a piece of paper with your name and they let you buy things? Weird.”
68. Flown in a helicopter: Sadly, no. We were going to in Las Vegas but time escaped us.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy: I don’t think I have any anymore…so, no.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial: Once. That was enough.
71. Eaten caviar: Yes in Russia. I wasn’t that impressed.
72. Pieced a quilt: No
73. Stood in Times Square: Again, not too comfortable with going to NY.
74. Toured the Everglades: No, but if I ever go to Florida it will be to go to the Everglades and not Disneyworld.
75. Been fired from a job: No. But when I was young, Carl’s Jr. cut back my hours to 4 a week, I guess that was a polite way of saying, “You’re not really working out.”
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London: No, but I have at the Arlington National Cemetary
77. Broken a bone: My wrist twice. I got the cast off and a day later broke it again.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle: No, my parents instilled their fear of motorcycles into me.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person: Only flying over it.
80. Published a book: Yes, it’s called Living With Girls, you can view a copy at the Nelson Household. It’s primarily a picture book.
81. Visited the Vatican: No and honestly it’s probably very low on the list of must-see places.
82. Bought a brand new car: Once.
83. Walked in Jerusalem: I’ve walked through Jerusalem while in Chino. A church had a Journey through Jerusalem thing during Christmas.
84. Had my picture in the newspaper: Not that I am aware of.
85. Read the entire Bible: A Couple of times.
86. Visited the White House: We walked by it one night while visiting DC, they were filming The West Wing.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating: Fish?
88. Had chickenpox: Lightly
89. Saved someone’s life: There was a girl in Junior High who kept writing me letters saying she would kill herself if I didn’t date her. What is a 13 year old boy suppose to do with that on his plate.So, I guess I’m a hero.
90. Sat on a jury: No. I would be excited to do so.
91. Met someone famous: Lou Diamond Phillips and Martin Sheen while going to a prayer vigil for Cesar Chavez who was protesting chemicals on grapes or something like that. Put that in your pipe and smoke it SILVER! Whose the liberal now!
92. Joined a book club: We’ll I did meet for a while with some friends and cover Pilgrims Progress by Bunyan.
93. Lost a loved one: A couple of months a go.
94. Had a baby: Well my wife did all the work.
95. Seen the Alamo in person: I’ve only driven through Texas once in my life. What would you do? Go see the boring non-historic Alamo or visit the Cadillac Ranch and then eat at the Big Texan. Yeah, I assure you the correct choice was made.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake: No, but maybe this year.
97. Been involved in a law suit: Not yet.
98. Owned a cell phone: Yes, but I’m often about four or five years behind the times.
99. Visited those imprisoned: weekly.
100. Seen animals enjoying life in the wild: Of course. We’ve been to the Wild Animal Park.
101 Been stung by a bee: Not since I was 14.


3 comments:

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

if you're coming to florida to see the everglades, don't bother. unless you like 100 square miles of swamp grass and gators, because that's all you'll see.

disneyworld is better than disneyland. there! i said it! sacrilege!

Silver said...

I will put that in my pipe and smoke it.

Silver said...

Here is my Bucket List.

http://silveramogart.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-honor-of-my-friends-new-blog-i-will.html